Expression of Interest
Perth Mindfulness Conference
The popularity, practice and research on mindfulness has grown significantly in the last 10 years. New approaches to mindfulness practices and research have brought substantial benefits to health, education, police and businesses such as Google and Facebook. The Mindfulness Conference will cover the latest in research and mindfulness practices by some of the best know mindfulness authors, researchers, practitioners and trainers.
Well-known keynote speakers with many years in the practice and theory of mindfulness will deliver major theme talks at the start of each day. You can then choose from stimulating, and practical workshops throughout the two days.
By attending this conference you will learn the key elements needed for a successful mindfulness program validated by research and the pitfalls associated with mindfulness programs.
Industry focus areas:
- Improving personal health in the health sector
- Mindfulness in schools and higher education
- Mindful leadership and its benefits in the workplace
- Mindfulness in police and military programs
- Mindfulness in both amateur and elite sport
Topics areas covered will be:
- The latest research in on mindfulness
- Types of meditation and mindfulness practices
- The role of positive psychology in mindfulness
- Examples and elements of successful mindfulness program
- MindFlow: Mindfulness-in-Action
- Problems and criticisms of some meditation/mindfulness programs
The conference will be led by Professor Ron Cacioppe who has been involved with Zen practice, has been conducting mindfulness and meditation programs for over 25 years and has published and written a number of books and research articles on Mindfulness. Professor Cacioppe has just completed his latest book, MindFlow, which integrates mindfulness into the state of flow.
We look forward to welcoming you to the conference.
The Mindfulness Conference Committee