Call for abstracts: March 2018
Registration opens: March 2018
Abstract deadline: 15th June 2018
Early bird deadline: 30th June 2018
Notification of abstract: 2nd July 2018
Deadline for author registration: 20th July 2018
Expression of Interest
Perth Mindfulness Conference
The popularity, practice and research on mindfulness has grown significantly in the last 10 years. New approaches to mindfulness practices and research have brought substantial benefits to health, education, police and businesses such as Google and Facebook. The Mindfulness Conference will cover the latest in research and mindfulness practices by some of the best know mindfulness authors, researchers, practitioners and trainers.
Well-known keynote speakers with many years in the practice and theory of mindfulness will deliver major theme talks at the start of each day. You can then choose from stimulating, and practical workshops throughout the two days.
With the explosion of courses and programs offered under the banner of "mindfulness" we'll explore how to distinguish between evidence based mindfulness programs and those that are unlikely to deliver on their promises and we'll take a look at the success' of mindfulness programs in the following industry focus areas:
- Personal health in the health sector
- Mindfulness in schools and higher education
- Mindful leadership and its benefits in the workplace
- Mindfulness in police and military programs
- Mindfulness in both amateur and elite sport
Topics areas covered will be:
- The latest research in on mindfulness
- Types of meditation and mindfulness practices
- The role of positive psychology in mindfulness
- Examples and elements of successful mindfulness program
- MindFlow: Mindfulness-in-Action
- Problems and criticisms of some meditation/mindfulness programs
The conference will be led by Professor Ron Cacioppe who has been involved with Zen practice, has been conducting mindfulness and meditation programs for over 25 years and has published and written a number of books and research articles on Mindfulness. Professor Cacioppe has just completed his latest book, MindFlow, which integrates mindfulness into the state of flow.
We look forward to welcoming you to the conference.
The Mindfulness Conference Committee